Nationwide General Contractor serving Commercial Retail Construction seeking seasoned Construction Site Manager, for immediate opening.
Nationwide General Contractor serving Commercial Retail Construction seeking seasoned Commercial Construction Estimator, for immediate opening.
We are an established contractor headquartered in East TN specializing in general, commercial, and industrial construction, as well as construction management across the 48 contiguous United States. We also provide construction services for other construction firms on large scale projects.
Southeast Industrial Construction (SEI), is seeking an outgoing individual with the desire for professional growth and willingness to be a team player. The ideal candidate should also be self-motivated and hardworking with a strong background in construction estimating, material take-off, bid preparation and project collaboration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities/Qualifications:
- Develop coaching and mentoring skills with the estimating team throughout all aspects of the estimating process.
- Determine the project scope of work.
- Set-up and complete estimates in company standard estimating program.
- Prepare preliminary construction schedules based on self-perform productivities and subcontractor input to determine project duration and resulting overhead costs.
- Complete estimate quantification and costing of general condition requirements, labor, and equipment, including productivities, material, and subtrade costs.
- Identify and develop constructability requirements for project construction.
- Analyze design criteria and recommend best options based on cost, engineering quality, and availability of materials.
- Identify and propose project risk and cost mitigation as well as the potential for project opportunities and cost savings.
- Analyze and propose potential strategies, advantages, or innovations for the project that could provide SEI with a more competitive bid.
- Apply labor and equipment productivities to estimates based on SEI historical values.
- Analyze subcontractor bids for irregularities and ensure the full scope of work is included.
- Participate in or lead the bid close on projects.
- Assemble conceptual and budget costs using past project analytics, benchmarking, and historical data.
- Engage in subcontractor post award scope clarification and negotiation.
- Prepare an estimate schedule of all activities, including milestone dates and any required support resources.
- Work with Management and Pre-Con team for project Kick-Off Meeting, weekly strategy meetings, and any formal meetings pertinent to ensuring the estimate process will meet the milestone dates established to achieve a successful closing day
- Work autonomously to prioritize the work, set deliverables, and select the appropriate work execution methods
- Provide accurate assessments of risk and scope for completed estimates.
- Generate, cost, and review risk mitigation plan, ensuring proper bonding and insurance costing and appropriate contingencies
- Select and invite trade partners to tender that have the appropriate level of expertise to complete the work.
- Understand potential pressures on fee and participate in discussions to properly assess and calculate fee
- Demonstrate a competitive passion and high-performance attitude
- Establish milestones throughout the estimate lifecycle and meet or exceed goals
- High school graduate and completion of a diploma training program at a college or technical school; Gold Seal Certified, LEED Accredited, and LEAN experience are all assets.
- Ability to understand, utilize, and communicate specialized information in speech and written text.
- 3 or more years of a combination of field and estimating experience; and proficiency in a variety of general procurement methods is an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, scheduling software, quantification software (such as OnScreen Takeoff, Bluebeam, PlanGrid, BuildingConnected, etc.), and BIM modelling is an asset.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication skills with strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Aptitude in comprehending tender documents, specifications, and drawings, with an understanding of contractual requirements.
- Understanding of all construction scopes of work with the ability to develop scopes of work for SEI initiated tenders.
- Ability to foster and develop relationships and build constructive and effective work relationships with both internal and external team members.
- Collaborate effectively with operations personnel such as Business Development, Project Managers, Superintendents, and Project Coordinators.
Job Type: Full-time